Eric T. Brooker, O.D., FAAO
Dr. Eric T. Brooker was born and raised in Las Vegas. He graduated from Bishop Gorman High School and received a combined academic and athletic scholarship to play soccer at Oregon State University. After suffering a leg injury during a game, Eric transferred to the University of Nevada Reno, where he graduated with honors in the field of Health Care Sciences. He then went on to pursue his passion for vision at the Southern California College of Optometry where he graduated with honors at the top of his class.
Dr. Brooker has focused his career and studies on LASIK, Ocular disease dry eyes, and speciality contact lenses. He has managed hundreds of patients before and after they have undergone LASIK surgery to correct their vision. Dr. Brooker has also traveled around the world doing research and teaching novel techniques for refractive and corneal surgery in cities such as: Paris, Tokyo, Montreal, Sydney, Perth, London, Milan, Seoul, Auckland, Dubai, Kansas City, Phoenix, Memphis, Irvine, Argentina, Budapest, Austria and Mexico City. As an expert in the field of laser vision correction Dr. Brooker also lectures to his peers on the advances in technology. After several years providing patient care and doing research and training in the field, Dr. Brooker founded the Advanced Vision Institute offering patients the latest technologies in ocular science. Advantage Family Optical is also a subsidiary of the Advanced Vision Institute and is located on premises. Advantage Family Optical caters to the entire family offering the latest in fashion eyewear. As a Las Vegas Optometrist, Dr. Brooker cares for his patients and wants the best for their vision.
In qualifying for and maintaining fellowship, individuals are evaluated against the highest standards of professional competence. The letters “FAAO” (Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry) after an optometrist’s, scientist’s or other qualified person’s name signify to colleagues and patients that rigorous qualifications for fellowship have been met.
Fellowship is open to the following professionals who demonstrate that they meet Academy standards:
- Optometrists who are licensed to practice at the highest level permitted by law in their jurisdiction, and
- Scientists, educators, librarians, administrators, and editors who have accredited themselves and optometry by their contributions to optometry or vision science.
What does FAAO mean?
Fellows of the American Academy of Optometry are entitled to use the designation FAAO. The designation—FAAO—means they are recognized by their colleagues as knowledgeable and experienced professionals who have met the high standards of professional competence in a broad range of issues related to eye care. Each candidate for Fellowship must continue to maintain the highest of professional standards.
Each clinical practice candidate has lectured, completed a residency or has submitted written presentations and is examined by a panel of leading doctors of optometry, who review the presentations and the candidate’s professional credentials.
- Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
- University of Nevada Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV University of Nevada Reno, Reno NV
- Bachelor of Science in Health Care Sciences, May 1997
- Southern California College Of Optometry, Fullerton, CA. Doctorate of Optometry, May 2001
- IntraLase MD Certification Course 2006
- IntraLase Enabled Keratoplasty Trainer 2006
- ACRP (Clinical Research Professional) CRA Certification 2008
- Citi Human Research Certification 2008
- Citi Good Clinical Research Certification 2008
- FDA Requirements for Entering Clinical Trial Results 2008
- Acufocus Surgical Trainer Certificaton 2009
- VISX Operators Custom Cornea Training Certification
- CPR and Emergency Response Certification
- Visual Fields Scientific ARVO
- Intralase FS
- Intralase FS 2
- PostLasik scientific paper ARVO
- IntrLase Proctor Program
- IntraLase Keratoplasty Training Program
- Femtosecond Pocket
- IEK CAS Training Manual
- AcuFocus Online Physicians Training Center
- OCRT Agenda
- Dr Brooker training AMO field team on IFS pocket software
- Clinical Decision Tree Development
- Surgical Training South America
- Review Ophthalmology ariticle ETB ARVO
- Progressions in Presbyopia Advanced Ocular Care Oct 2011
- HD Analyzer Advanced Ocular Care feb 2013
- ESCRS Milan 2012 Post-LASIK
- Advanced Ocular Care Cutting Edge Technology
- PostLasik scientific paper ARVO
- Visual Fields Scientific ARVO poster
- Inlays Global Outcomes Academy 2013 Poster
- Visual Field Inlays Academy 2013 Poster
- ASCRS 2013 VF poster
- Nvision Program
- ARVOCME Certificate 125801AM13
- ARVO refractive surgery session 2013 abstracts
Dr. Wanwalee Charoenchote
Dr. Wanwalee Charoenchote grew up in Las Vegas where she attended a local high school. She attended the University of Nevada, Las Vegas where she completed bachelor degrees in psychology and biology. She then completed her doctorate in optometry at the Illinois College of Optometry. Dr. Charoenchote is committed to her profession and believes in giving excellent care to all of her patients. She is also experienced in glaucoma, refractive surgery management and cataract evaluation and management. She also has a passion for fitting contact lenses and ensuring all of her patient’s visual needs are met.